Boot Camp Training
Learning the basics of your longarm machine is crucial to the enjoyment and success of your longarming journey. This three day event is held at Quilts on the Corner, with each quilter on their own dedicated machine. Class size is small so that each student receives the individual attention necessary to learn all they need to know to quilt with confidence. Classes are taught by Renae Haddadin, national quilt instructor. Renae started quilting for hire in 2002. She understands quilting for hire, every day use type quilting and quilting for show. Since that time she has taught thousands of longarmers to quilt, traveled nationally and internationally to teach, and won numerous top quilting awards, including Best of Show in Paducah, KY two times. Her methods have been proven time and again to produce both beautiful and well crafted quilts.
Check the calendar for upcoming classes and check back often as we are always adding more classes. If you don't see a class you are looking for just send us a message. The three day training course is $600.
- We will cover thread, tension, loading a quilt, needles, basic machine maintenance and general machine use as students quilt using a pantograph.
- Students will learn to line up the pantograph correctly, advance each row accurately and finish up quilts beautifully.
- We will delve into custom design, using the skills we learned in day 1 to use pantographs in borders and laser light reproduction of designs.
- Students will have the opportunity to use templates, various marking methods and designs.
- Timing and tension will be untangled and we discuss machine maintenance further.
- Students will have opportunity to use all they have learned in day 1 and day 2 on a sampler quilt.
- Many freehand filler designs will be offered
- Many thread weights and varieties will be used to ensure that students feel comfortable changing thread or adjusting tensions.
After completing the three days of personal hands-on training, students feel confident to move forward with their longarm quilting skills.